Subject: Re: midiio.h typo?
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Berndt Josef Wulf <wulf@ping.net.au>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/27/2000 07:02:44
G'day,

whilst browsing through the header files for multimedia support, I
found the following snipped that gave me an error on compile...

midiio.h:129
#define SYNTH_SUB_SAMPLE_TYPE_BASIC     0x10
#define SYNTH_SUB_SAMPLE_TYPE_GUS       SAMPLE_TYPE_BASIC
                                        ^^^^^^
This constant doesn't look right and I failed to find its definition
anywhere else. Shouldn't this be SYNTH_SUB_SAMPLE_TYPE_BASIC?

I was originally looking for "struct midi_info" which doesn't seem to
be defined outside the kernel. However it is used in

midiio.h:87
/*#define SEQUENCER_MIDI_INFO  _IOWR('Q',12, struct midi_info)*/

Unfortunately it looks as if this is work in progress. Any ideas when
this gets implemented/completed?

In general, I found it hard to port multimedia applications from Linux
over to NetBSD. There is some support for OSS but it seems incomplete.
I'm trying to get the KDE2 audioserver functioning under NetBSD-current
but sofar haven't had much luck.

A happy New Year

cheerio Berndt
--
Name    : Berndt Josef Wulf            | +++ With BSD on Packet Radio +++
E-Mail  : wulf@ping.net.au             |    tfkiss, tnt, dpbox, wampes