Subject: Re: _KERNEL_foo
To: John Hawkinson <jhawk@MIT.EDU>
From: Luke Mewburn <lukem@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/13/2000 19:42:20
On Tue, Dec 12, 2000 at 08:48:10PM -0500, John Hawkinson wrote:

> | of course, but this was just an example. i'm sure other people with
> | have uses for this feature as well (in fact, i've received feedback to
> | this effect).
> |

> Hmm. Personally, I for one would rather see this feature go away
> and we should use existing mechanisms.

And as per usual in these situations, a couple of ideas are put up, no
one comments one way or another about one of the points (and get off
topic on the other point), you wait a couple of days and commit the
change (modulo some minor feedback), and then every man and his dog
jumps up and puts their two bits worth in about how the change should
be different or shouldn't be there or how they'd do it different their
way, because they don't feel satisfied unless the world has heard
their opinion on any given change. This type of behaviour gets tedious
fast...

If you're not going to use this effectively minor change, just
IGNORE it, rather than shitcanning it post discussion & commit.

--
Luke Mewburn  <lukem@wasabisystems.com>  http://www.wasabisystems.com
Luke Mewburn     <lukem@netbsd.org>      http://www.netbsd.org