Subject: Re: _KERNEL_foo
To: John Hawkinson <jhawk@MIT.EDU>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/12/2000 20:47:22
On Tue, 12 Dec 2000, John Hawkinson wrote:

: | of course, but this was just an example. i'm sure other people with
: | have uses for this feature as well (in fact, i've received feedback to
: | this effect).
:
: Hmm. Personally, I for one would rather see this feature go away
: and we should use existing mechanisms.

The idea is to use this on *local* modifications, not ones checked into the
NetBSD source tree.  It's just a matter of convenience, and "you don't have
to use it".

However, Luke, since I haven't checked on this myself, what do you do if the
kernel name has a dash (-) in it?  Mine do.  :)

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>  *  http://www.wasabisystems.com/