Subject: Re: /usr/include/sys/md5.h
To: Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>
From: None <itojun@iijlab.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/09/2000 08:59:30
>> Yes, I agree.
>> Only those headers actually used by (NetBSD) userland should be installed
>> to /usr/include.
>But...  /usr/include/sys/md5.h _is_ used by userland code.
>It happens that /usr/include/md5.h just includes it, but...

	i would say the code (which uses sys/md5.h) is mistaken.

>The hope is that if there are speed optimizations for md5 for some
>type of hardware, if it is changed in one place it just works
>everywhere.
>I don't know how useful that is for md5.

	the above looks to me the following two issues
	- conditionally compile lib/libc/arch/foo/md5c.c instead of generic C
	  code
	- code sharing between lib/libc/md/md5c.c and kern/lib/libkern/md5c.c
		-> if we share the code, it may make sense to share md5.h too
	the two items do not seem to require shipping /usr/include/sys/md5.h,
	to me (it does not make sense to me).

itojun