Subject: Re: /usr/include/sys/md5.h
To: Jaromír <dolecek@ics.muni.cz>
From: Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/08/2000 15:52:38
Jaromír Dolecek <dolecek@ics.muni.cz> writes:

> Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino wrote:
> > 	I don't think we should install sys/sys/md5.h to /usr/include/sys/md5.h,
> > 	(do we need to install every header files used for libkern into
> > 	publically-visible place, while we don't supply libkern in /usr/lib?)
>
> Yes, I agree.
> Only those headers actually used by (NetBSD) userland should be installed
> to /usr/include.

But...  /usr/include/sys/md5.h _is_ used by userland code.
It happens that /usr/include/md5.h just includes it, but...

The hope is that if there are speed optimizations for md5 for some
type of hardware, if it is changed in one place it just works
everywhere.

I don't know how useful that is for md5.

--Michael