Subject: Re: SB Live! driver
To: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>
From: David Maxwell <david@vex.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/07/2000 13:54:52
On Thu, Dec 07, 2000 at 08:11:42AM -0800, Jason R Thorpe wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 07, 2000 at 08:02:31AM -0800, David Maxwell wrote:
>
>  > It turns out we only have information to do a PIO driver for the SBLive.
>  > Lennart's code was great, but it was interrupt oriented.
>  >
>  > Can someone point me at a good example of a PIO driver?
>
> PIO driver?  Eh, why not look at the ALSA project's sblive driver?

Actually, that was a very useful suggestion :-)

While the alsa driver appears to be derived from the Linux driver I was
looking at before, it does now have DMA support. (emupcm.c)

Creative had told me they weren't going to give that information out,
but it seems alsa has it, so now I can go back to the original DMA design.

--
David Maxwell, david@vex.net|david@maxwell.net --> Although some of you out
there might find a microwave oven controlled by a Unix system an attractive