Subject: Re: softdep problems
To: Lennart Augustsson <lennart@mail.augustsson.net>
From: Frank van der Linden <fvdl@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/07/2000 16:54:19
On Thu, Dec 07, 2000 at 10:40:36AM -0500, Lennart Augustsson wrote:
> Is anyone working on trying fix the problems with softdep?
> (There are a bunch of open PRs.)  I love the performance
> improvement you get rom softdep, but the time gained there is
> soon lost running fsck.  If I run softdep on my laptop it usually
> only stays up for a day or two.

I have tried to look into them a last week, but the problem is
reproducing the bug. I'm using softdeps on all my machines and
have not had a problem in a long time. If you could collect a lot
of data and post it (or make kernels + dumps available to some
developers), we might be able to get a little further on this.

- Frank