Subject: Re: Possible bug in ne2000.c (bus_space_barrier)
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org, lamj@stat.cmu.edu>
From: Wolfgang Solfrank <ws@tools.de>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/04/2000 14:34:14
Hi,

> I was studying the NE2000 Ethernet driver and noticed the following
> possible oversight.  It appears that read/write bus space barriers
> are being set that extend beyond the space mapped by the driver.
> I've included a patch that should fix this.  Can someone who
> understands better please take a look?

Ahh, sorry, seems that I got the ports backwards :-(.  What I really had
in mind was extending the barriers for the full range of ports of the
board, i.e. the nic ports plus the asic ports.  However, this means that
the range should start with nict, nich, not with asict, asich, since the
latter are offset by NE2000_ASIC_OFFSET (0x10) into the board's port range.

BTW, there are some NIC_BARRIERs within ne2000_readmem and ne2000_writemem
that need to be changed to similar barriers as above (i.e. ones spanning
the whole port range of the board).

Feel free to do those changes, or I'll fix it in a day or two...

Ciao,
Wolfgang
--
ws@TooLs.DE     Wolfgang Solfrank, TooLs GmbH 	+49-228-985800