Subject: Re: Possible bug in ne2000.c (bus_space_barrier)
To: Johnny C. Lam <lamj@stat.cmu.edu>
From: Nathan J. Williams <nathanw@MIT.EDU>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/02/2000 11:28:56
<lamj@stat.cmu.edu> (Johnny C. Lam) writes:

> I was studying the NE2000 Ethernet driver and noticed the following
> possible oversight.  It appears that read/write bus space barriers
> are being set that extend beyond the space mapped by the driver.
> I've included a patch that should fix this.  Can someone who
> understands better please take a look?

I think you're right, and you might as well fix it since you've
noticed it, but be aware that it's not actually going to affect
behavior on any of our current platforms. Even on those platforms
where barriers arent's no-ops (alpha, sparc, mips), they don't have
any address or range dependance.

        - Nathan