Subject: Re: Addition to force open to open only regular files
To: Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
From: Konrad Schroder <perseant@hitl.washington.edu>
List: tech-kern
Date: 11/28/2000 17:03:01
> The talk on the FreeBSD side of the world is that these calls should
> quietly die a quick and sudden death.  They are fore the nfs server

I'd intended to use at least fhstat in lfs_cleanerd (if it continues to
exist as a user process, which one can certainly argue against) to do file
coalescing; it would seem that other filesystem utilities could make good
use of the fh* calls, and it would be a shame to see them disappear
entirely (though I must admit, having them enabled for non-root users or
using them for higher-level applications sounds like a loser to me).

Konrad Schroder          http://www.hitl.washington.edu/people/perseant/
Information Tech & Services   Box 352142 -or- 215 Fluke Hall, Mason Road
Human Interface Technology Lab                  University of Washington
Voice: 206.616.1478   FAX: 206.543.5380          Seattle, WA, 98195, USA