Subject: Re: Webcam API
To: Berndt Josef Wulf <wulf@ping.net.au>
From: Jeff McMahill <jmcm@FRC2.frc.ri.cmu.edu>
List: tech-kern
Date: 11/22/2000 16:51:03
> What do you mean by not reliably? Did you you role your own code or is
> it borrowed from another source? What model/type of webcam do you use?

I wrote my own, since I haven't been able to find anything (other
than the linux driver) that supports the CPiA.  Mine is a Creative
Webcam II.

Basically when I tell it to grab an image, I always get the correct
amount of data from the isochronous endpoint.  However, about 75% of
the time, the header is corrupted.  When it works, the image comes
out fine though.

I believe I did find a small bug in the ugen isochronous reading
that could result in some corruption once in awhile, but fixing
that didn't seem to help... (I'll send a pr in a few days about this.)

This is 1.5_BETA with a -current ugen.c on i386, by the way.

   -Jeff