Subject: Re: Webcam API
To: Lennart Augustsson <lennart@augustsson.net>
From: Berndt Josef Wulf <wulf@ping.net.au>
List: tech-kern
Date: 11/22/2000 07:04:36
Jeff McMahill wrote:

> > I'm considering writing a driver for a USB webcam.
>
> Good timing - I was just trying to get my USB CPiA camera to
> work last night with the ugen driver...
> (I can get images now, but not reliably.)

Sorry for the late reply, but I was in Sydney for some time unable
to read my email.

What do you mean by not reliably? Did you you role your own code or is
it borrowed from another source? What model/type of webcam do you use?

The Creative Webcam III works ok with the ugen0 device. Currently, it
is used as a experimental webcam on my website. It can be found on
http://hotdog.ping.net.au/~wulf/cam.shtml - not that there is much to
see anyway... ;-)

I was going to write code for on demand video but due to study
and work commitments it will have to wait until the end of this year now.

Perhaps it may be possible to port video4linux to NetBSD as there
are already quite a number of applications that make use of it.

cheerio Berndt
--
Name    : Berndt Josef Wulf            | +++ With BSD on Packet Radio +++
E-Mail  : wulf@ping.net.au             |    tfkiss, tnt, dpbox, wampes