Subject: Re: Emulations as LKM (execsw change)
To: Scott Bartram <sbartram@iconixx.com>
From: Jaromír Dolecek <dolecek@ibis.cz>
List: tech-kern
Date: 11/16/2000 11:32:30
Scott Bartram wrote:
> "Jarom_r Dolecek" wrote:
> > * compat/ibcs2/ibcs2_misc.c:ibcs2_sys_time() checked for emul_ibcs2_xout;
> >   I've disabled that check for now, since there is now only single
> >   emul_ibcs2. What is the right thing to do here ?
>
> So the answer is that the emul code needs to be able to query the original
> object format otherwise each format has to become a unique emulation.

Seems so. Though the thing in ibcs2_sys_time() seems more like abuse
of the exec info than the right thing - most probably, it's just
compatibility quirk for "really old" SCO time(2) syscall. (That makes
me wonder why they did not version it).

Jaromir
--
Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>      http://www.ics.muni.cz/~dolecek/