Subject: Re: Emulations as LKM
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@zembu.com>
From: Jaromír Dolecek <dolecek@ibis.cz>
List: tech-kern
Date: 11/13/2000 19:55:43
Bill Studenmund wrote:
> For i386, yes. But all of the a.out ports, well, they don't use ELF. So
> their native format isn't ELF. Would it be interesting to be able to load
> ELF loading code as an lkm by those folks developing -> ELF transition
> tools for those architectures?

I though that transition from a.out to ELF is at this stage mostly ensuring
appropriately prefixed symbols are used (_C_LABEL() stuff), bootblocks
are capable to load both ELF and a.out kernel and toolchain
generates correct (ELF) code for given platform. Well, since I've never
been involved in ELF stuff before, I may well be mistaken :)

Jaromir
--
Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>      http://www.ics.muni.cz/~dolecek/
@@@@  Wanna a real operating system ? Go and get NetBSD, damn!  @@@@