Subject: Multifunction PC Card probing
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Johnny C. Lam <lamj@stat.cmu.edu>
List: tech-kern
Date: 11/13/2000 12:19:55
My apologies if this is the wrong list for this question.  If so,
please direct me to the correct list.

How should multifunction PC cards be probed when inserted?  Under MS
Windows 98 with my Linksys Ethernet/Modem card, and I see also with
the mhz(4) driver, the card attaches as a multifunction PC (MFPC) card
device, then the ethernet and modem devices attach to MFPC device, but
from my reading of the code in sys/dev/pcmcia, that isn't what the
generic PCMCIA config code does.

Also, are there other MFPC cards that work under NetBSD besides the
Megahertz XJEM3336 Ethernet/Modem card listed on the PCMCIA hardware
support page on the NetBSD web site?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

     -- Johnny C. Lam <lamj@stat.cmu.edu>
        Department of Statistics, Carnegie Mellon University
        http://www.stat.cmu.edu/~lamj/