Subject: Re: Addition to force open to open only regular files
To: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
From: Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 11/12/2000 21:44:29
In message <12318.974090221@eterna.com.au> matthew green writes:
:
:    In message <12153.974088547@eterna.com.au> matthew green writes:
:    : *both* the wrong one and the uid you *want* is really only in the
:    : saved uid (not accessible by userland at all).
:
:    So if this is true, then what value do you pass to the open_as
:    uid parameter?
:
: open_as?  i've never supported open_as().

Sorry if I sounded a little harsh.  I know you didn't support it.  I
don't either (my interest is keeping a similar API for security
related things between NetSBD and FreeBSD, as well as seeing the right
thing done in NetBSD).

The question was more for those that have expressed support for it.

Warner