Subject: Re: Emulations as LKM
To: None <dolecek@ibis.cz, tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: None <eeh@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 11/12/2000 20:11:51
	Hi,
	I've made some progress on this. The current version of the patch
	is at
		ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/jdolecek/execsw.diff
	gzippped version at
		ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/jdolecek/execsw.diff.gz

	This patch addresses the reogranization of emul and execsw stuff
	only at this moment - I don't want to mix it with later API changes
	needed for LKM.

O.K.  I took a look at the diffs.  Could you give an overview of
what you're trying to do?

You want to be able to add emulations in LKMs more sanely.  What
method do you plan to use to do that?

How do you deal with cases like COMPAT_NETBSD32 where what is a
native binary on some machines needs to be run under an emulation
on others, or with future COMPAT_SVR4_32 which has the same problem.
Currently this is handled by *very careful* ordering of the execsw[]
table where exec_netbsd32_makecmds needs to come before
exec_elf32_makecmds.

Eduardo