Subject: Re: Blocking sendto? (throughput test)
To: Michael Graff <>
From: Espen Jorde <>
List: tech-kern
Date: 11/07/2000 09:20:16
On 6 Nov 2000, Michael Graff wrote:

> Espen Jorde <> writes:
> > I get either a error asking to increase NMBCLUSTERS, if I do that, I get
> > "fxp0: device timeout". Any sugestions?
> I'd check your wiring...  The only time I've ever gotten that message
> was when I was using a bad cable.

I'm quite shure the cabel is OK. It's a new Cat5 cable connected to a
100Mb/s full duplex switch.
I'm thinking and thinking... Is it possible that this message is the
result of trying to exceed the bandwith?

Would I get this message if I managed to send more than 100Mb/s to a Intel
PRO 100+? Which means that to test my zero-copy systemcalls I need a 1
Gb/s ethernet card :-(