Subject: config(8) and filesystems.
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 11/04/2000 03:17:49
Looking at PR kern/6061, we have a problem where one filesystem
type (MFS) needs another (FFS) to be automagically included in the
vfs_list_initial[] array that config(8) builds in ioconf.c.  What I'm
looking for is a way to specify this in the config grammer.  At the
moment, config allows either

	deffs FS1 ...
or
	deffs fs_optfile.h FS

About the best I can think of off the top of my tired head is allowing
an automagic dependancy to be added by using a syntax something like

	deffs FS1(FS2) ...

where the FS2 is implied if FS1 defined.  That way we can have

	deffs MFS(FFS)

Should FS2 still be declared explicitly before it can be used?

Any way of doing this cleaner/better?

Simon.
NetBSD Sales, Support and Service:  http://www.wasabisystems.com/