Subject: Constraining process CPU %time
To: None <>
From: David Maxwell <>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/31/2000 22:12:43
This question came up from a visitor to the NetBSD booth at Linux Expo
Toronto today. (We have no net connection at the show)

Is there any way to specify that a process should receive no more than
x% (say x==25) of available CPU time? He would like to use a limitation
of this sort in order to perform some clustering performance tests.

I'm not aware of any function that allows a process to be not run if it's
the only thing that's runnable - just because it's over 'quota' on CPU.

Any thoughts on a simple hack to allow this - as I can't see enough
requirement to give it a full design workup - except as part of an RT or NRT

David Maxwell,| -->
(About an Amiga rendering landscapes) It's not thinking, it's being artistic!
					      - Jamie Woods