Subject: RE: replace kernel random number function
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: =?iso-8859-1?Q?Stefan_H=FClbrock?= <s.huelbrock@biodata.de>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/23/2000 15:50:24
Hi,
I'd prefer it to run in the kernel because there a random pool
can be gathered from the interrupts...
surely this pool needs to be hashed before data is delivered
to the user process.

Did anyone take a look at the linux kernel driver (sorry for this).
It looks very promising to me. I guess a similar conectpt can be
built into NetBSD also. (Or can someone point out what
the problems connected to this are?)

Have a nice day...

Stefan