Subject: Re: SCSI drivers & devices resources
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/21/2000 20:54:52
> Hi,
> On Fri, Oct 13, 2000 at 10:22:52AM -0700, Matthew Jacob wrote:
> > [About REPORT LUNS]
> > It's a SCSI-3 command, but like a lot of commands that come in with a new
> > version of the spec, devices claiming compliance with a lower level just
> > support it.
>
> Could you send me the specs of this commands (opcode, result format, etc) ?

Hmm? Didn't I send a working example already? I could have sworn I had....
The specs can be found in SCSI Primary Commands... you can find this
in http://www.t10.org..., or the full link for the current one is:

ftp://ftp.t10.org/t10/drafts/spc2/spc2r18.pdf

I can take a swack at implementing this for NetBSD next week sometime.

> For my needs I added a SC_ACCEL_NODEV flag to SCBUSACCEL, and an IOCTL is
> done when a probe failed as well.

Is this checked in yet?

> BTW, why do you call SCBUSACCEL only in the checkdtype case ?
> I think it should also be called for a vendor-specific device-type qual.

No, I wouldn't think so- a vendor-specific qualifier .. .well, now... have you
actually ever seen one that wasn't actually a bug in an HBA that returned 0xff
for all the INQUIRY data?

I suppose we could skip this test and just put the ioctl call after the
checkdtype test case.

-matt