Subject: Re: bus_space and barriers
To: (Chris G. Demetriou) <>
From: Witold J. Wnuk <>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/21/2000 00:39:55
On 20-Oct-00, 22:18:09 Chris G. Demetriou wrote:
>  It is meant to provide programmers a portable, potentially-efficient
>  mechanism for machine-independent device access.

Portatibility is just realization of what I meant by b) (easy to use)
and c) (helps to manage code). It does did by not requiring programmer
to write multiple code or care about machine dependencies.

>  Part of that
>  includes defining requirements for programmers which are, in fact,
>  portable and capable of efficiency.

Yes. That is the question: Where to draw the line between programmers
luxury and efficiency.

        Witold J. Wnuk

PS: Sorry again for my english. I know that I am sometimes hard to
understand. I'm working at it.