Subject: Re: wierd behaviour of mkdir(2)
To: Yoav Cohen-Sivan <yoavcs@zahav.net.il>
From: Matthew Orgass <darkstar@pgh.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/19/2000 17:46:32
On Thu, 19 Oct 2000, Yoav Cohen-Sivan wrote:

> Call it without the trailing '/' ("/home/yoavcs/.kde/share") and all
> works peachy.  Is this a fault of mkdir(2) or KDE?! It is a shame since
> once I manually created the entire dir structure under my home dir KDE 2
> works wonderfully.

  It is technically a fault of NetBSD, however BSD historically has not
accepted such paths so programs really should not use them.  This problem
was recently discussed and a fix was proposed, however it has not been
implemented yet (I should get to this RSN).  The specific problem with KDE
should also be fixed in the package.

Matthew Orgass
darkstar@pgh.net