Subject: Re: wierd behaviour of mkdir(2)
To: Yoav Cohen-Sivan <>
From: Matthew Orgass <>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/19/2000 17:46:32
On Thu, 19 Oct 2000, Yoav Cohen-Sivan wrote:

> Call it without the trailing '/' ("/home/yoavcs/.kde/share") and all
> works peachy.  Is this a fault of mkdir(2) or KDE?! It is a shame since
> once I manually created the entire dir structure under my home dir KDE 2
> works wonderfully.

  It is technically a fault of NetBSD, however BSD historically has not
accepted such paths so programs really should not use them.  This problem
was recently discussed and a fix was proposed, however it has not been
implemented yet (I should get to this RSN).  The specific problem with KDE
should also be fixed in the package.

Matthew Orgass