Subject: Variable limit in kernel syscalls
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Espen Jorde <espenjo@unik.no>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/18/2000 20:43:50
Hi!

I am adding gour systemcalls to a NetBSD kernel as part of my mastert
thesis. I am experiencing some strange problems.

One of the internal variable in the system-call sometimes changes as the
effect of a malloc call!

The variable is a standard local variable, not a struct and not a variable
allocateted on the heap.

I check it just before a MALLOC og just after. The value changes as result
of the call...???? The variable is not used in the MALLOC call.

I have ended up with quite a few local variables. Is there some sort of
limit on local variables in a function called by syscall???

Any help will be appreciated!
--
:-)EspeN