Subject: Re: mii driver for D-link DL100019, DL10022?
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@ninthwonder.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/09/2000 23:17:05
I have a D-Link DMF-560TXD that I have poked around on some, but
I haven't done much with it (nor made any progress on it) since I
sent mail to tech-kern back in May.  I'm not sure if it has a DL10019
or DL10022 in it or not, but it's supposedly a 10/100 LAN + 56k
modem card.  It looks like if things probe right, the if_ne_pcmcia
and com_pcmcia drivers should handle it, except perhaps for the fact
that it looks like it shares an interrupt between the serial and
ethernet.  For the probe information, see my message to tech-kern
on 23 May 2000.

Linux supports the card fine.  When I was poking around at it, I
couldn't tell how they're handling the card differently from how
we are, but I'm pretty new to PCMCIA and probably missed something
obvious.

Is there a good "must-have" reference book for doing PCMCIA work?

Does anyone know of any source of D-Link technical documentation?
Their web site seems to only have product manuals for their adapters,
switches, etc.

Thanks,
-allen