Subject: Re: scsipi change
To: Bill Sommerfeld <sommerfeld@orchard.arlington.ma.us>
From: Andrew Doran <ad@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/05/2000 14:01:03
I was really talking about overlaying the structures, which is kind of
disgusting. I wish C had inheritance like C++.

Bill Sommerfeld <sommerfeld@orchard.arlington.ma.us> wrote:

> What are the "scsi_accesschk" and "scsi_prescan" methods supposed to
> do/be used for?  I can guess from context but it would be good if the
> comments said what they were used for..

Ok. I can update the comments.

scsi_accesschk is used in the case of an array controller that provides SCSI
passthrough. In this case, you don't want scsipi touching array components.

scsi_prescan is intended for use with SCSI controllers that provide an
abstracted view of the bus, i.e. controllers that must scan the bus before
scsipi does.