Subject: Re: Partly-done Rocketport multipport serial driver
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@cm-24-142-94-15.cableco-op.ispchannel.com>
From: Tracy J. Di Marco White <gendalia@iastate.edu>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/29/2000 19:39:32
Jonathan Stone wrote way back in February:

}FreeBSD has a driver for the RocketPort cards. The source code reeks
}of Linux; I think it's a Linux driver that RocketPort ported to FreeBSD.
}
}I've got a fair way through hacking the Linux macros and inb/outb to
}take extra args for bus-space, but I dont really have enough time to
}do it justice.
}
}Anyone else want to take it on? If not, anyone got tips on
}porting FreeBSD tty drivers to NetBSD?
}
}(In an ideal world, it should probably be redone from scratch and then
}backported to Linux, but ...)

I'm curious about the status of this, did someone take it on?  I've
got a machine that has been running Linux that I'd like to put NetBSD
on, but we want to use the RocketPort (ISA) card in it.

Tracy J. Di Marco White
Project Vincent Systems Manager
gendalia@iastate.edu