Subject: Re: md_root.c (Re: CVS commit: syssrc)
To: Jason R Thorpe , David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
From: Leo Weppelman <leo@wau.mis.ah.nl>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/29/2000 20:46:43
On Fri, Sep 29, 2000 at 09:53:59AM -0700, Jason R Thorpe wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 29, 2000 at 05:45:54PM +0100, David Brownlee wrote:
>
>  > 	atari version is in a different universe, other than that the
>  > 	differences are:
>  > 	    - md_root_size int vs u_int32_t
>  > 	    - different default MINIROOTSIZE
>  > 	    - format of size printfs
>  > 	    - comments, whitespace
>  >
>  > 	Sounds like a very good case to make it MI (except for atari :)
>
> Atari should conform :-)

Mmmm, I wouldn't be so fast on that (surprise ;-). I haven't really looked
into it yet, but:
    - The md_root.c idea was especially created to _allow_ for differences.
      It would be weird to press conformation upon those who differ in
      this situation.
    - There was discussion at the point that the md-device came into
      existence. I'd like to read that first before (possibly) starting
      the same discussion all over again.

> On the other hand, maybe it reads the ramdisk from a floppy or something?

Not maybe... it does. It reads the install filesystem from floppy into
the md-disk.

Leo.