Subject: Re: Experimental port of FreeBSD ACPI stuffs
To: None <thorpej@zembu.com>
From: T.SHIOZAKI <tshiozak@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/26/2000 16:49:12
From: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 17:05:01 -0700

>  >   - thopej's BTINFO_MEMMAP codes are used.
> Did you fix the bugs in this code that caused the changes to be backed out?

Probably, no.

This code has no problem on my PC except that it causes msgbuf to be broken.
I found the wrong part:

                /* Shrink so it'll fit in the last segment. */
                if ((vps->avail_end - vps->avail_start) < atop(sz))
                        sz = ptoa(vps->avail_end - vps->avail_start);

                vps->avail_end -= atop(sz);
                vps->end -= atop(sz);
-               msgbuf_paddr = vps->avail_end;
+               msgbuf_paddr = ptoa(vps->avail_end)

But, I feel that this is not cause of the problems reported in the
source-changes list.

BTW, I added the option, "DISABLE_BTINFO_MEMMAP", around this code.
It can be seen in my ACPI patch.
To debug this code, I think we had better put this part
into the main trunk again.
I will extract this part from my local repository and post the patch
in this night (JST).

--
Takuya SHIOZAKI