Subject: Re: [acpi-jp 666] Re: Experimental port of FreeBSD ACPI stuffs
To: None <acpi-jp@jp.freebsd.org, takemura@netbsd.org>
From: Mitsuru IWASAKI <iwasaki@jp.FreeBSD.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/26/2000 11:12:12
Hi,

> Great!
>
> I want to try it. But I don't have any ACPI ready machine.
> So I have to buy one. Which machine whould you recomend?
> I guess some notebook PC are good for ACPI. But they are
> little expensive. If I've bought a ATX M/B, can I use
> the patch?

I think so.   Just FYI, we have the ACPI data collection which are
extracted from various machines, I hope that this will help you allowing
you to know ACPI BIOS implementaion on each machines by viewing *.asl.

http://www.jp.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ACPI/data/?cvsroot=freebsd-jp

Also, you can play around amldb with *.dsdt, this is executed in
userland w/o ACPI device driver and ACPI machine.