Subject: Re: [acpi-jp 661] Re: Experimental port of FreeBSD ACPI stuffs
To: None <acpi-jp@jp.freebsd.org, imp@village.org>
From: Mitsuru IWASAKI <iwasaki@jp.FreeBSD.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/26/2000 10:58:16
Hi,

From: Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 11:43:03 -0600

> In message <20000925.215511.21860502.tshiozak@astec.co.jp> "T.SHIOZAKI" writes:
> : I hacked FreeBSD ACPI stuffs to work under NetBSD.
> : Comments?
>
> Given the large scope of ACPI, I think it would be desirable to share
> this code between the two BSDs as much as is possible.

Yes, it's one of our (my at least) goals.  I believe that most of the
code can be shared among BSDs except for the part of device-tree and
ACPI namespace integration.  Of course there are some differences on
kernel API between them, but it's no so serious matter, we can have
compat. layer just like USB stuff is doing.  I'm glad to help everything
I can do if our code is marged into BSDs :-)