Subject: PDA LCD control
To: None <>
From: TAKEMURA Shin <>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/24/2000 21:45:44

I'm going to change wsdisplay and wskbd for Handheld device's LCD
control. I've made the patch below.

Key points are:

  - Add ioctl commands to wsdisplay which set/get some LCD status,
    backlight, brightness and contrast.
  - Add 9 command key symbols which make wskbd to call wsdisplay's
  - Add special key map variant KB_MACHDEP. This variant does not
    have any real keymap but it's just a placeholder for machine dependent
    maps which will be overwrite by machine dependent keyboard driver.

With this function, you can type Command + Space to turn on/off
backlight of LCD. (NEC MC/R530's keyboard has a space key with
a electric light bulb icon.)

Please check it. If no one have objection to this, I will commit
the patch on next weekend.