Subject: Where/how is rootvp set in kernel initialisation?
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: None <nigel@ind.tansu.com.au>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/19/2000 11:42:03
Background: I am the maintainer of the Booter program for the Mac68k
	    port, and I am trying to build a MacOS program which uses
	    the actual kernel code for doing FFS volume manipulation
	    (instead of the hacked old UFS code it uses now).

	archive, and a hacked together main. When my main does the
	guts of vfs_mountroot(), it accesses non-existant memory when
	ffs_mountroot() calls ffs_mountfs() with rootvp.

	(basically, vinvalbuf() does a VSYNC, but because
	 rootvp is not set to anything but NULL, v_op is invalid)

	I have searched through the kernel source, and these are the
only three places that seem to set rootvp:

coda_vfsops.c   : coda_mount()
vfs_getcwd.c    : sys___getcwd()
kernfs_vfsops.c : kernfs_unmount()

	Assuming that I haven't stuffed up in my searching,
which of these is called (indirectly) from init_main(), and why ?

--
| Nigel Pearson, nigel@ind.tansu.com.au | "Reality is that which,   |
|   Telstra NW-D, Sydney, Australia.    |  when you stop believing  |