Subject: Re: Linux emulation and mkdir with trailing /
To: Matthew Orgass <>
From: Warner Losh <>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/18/2000 11:08:19
In message <> Matthew Orgass writes:
:   No, in SUSv2, multiple slashes are the same as one slash, not '.', and
: trailing slashes refer to the directory.  The exception is that the
: presence of exactly two leading slashes is implementation dependent.

And the trailing slash refers to the directory is identical with my
statement that it is the same as dot.

:   I'll let someone who has a copy of the standard make a more difinitive
: statement on what POSIX thinks, but from what I've read I believe that
: accepting trailing slashes is allowed by POSIX.

It certainly is allowed and I still think it should do what I said in
my first post.  There's likely some defect claarification doc (I
forget what they are called) that addresses this exact issue,