Subject: Re: swapctl -a doesn't do load-balancing; whyzzat?
To: None <thorpej@zembu.com>
From: Robert Elz <kre@munnari.OZ.AU>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/04/2000 10:12:47
    Date:        Sun, 3 Sep 2000 15:37:31 -0700
    From:        Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>

  | The "migration" effect is probably the result of things being brought
  | back in, the objects being deleted, and new ones being created, and
  | thus pushed back out.

Sure, I understood what was happening.  I was just giving an example
which showed things happening with everything just opposite to what
Greywolf had wanted/observed...   I wanted the extra swap partition to
remain empty unless needed, and things migrated, he wanted it to be
used, and they didn't (or didn't seem to) move.   (It didn't work for
me the way I wanted because I stuffed up configuring it...)

kre