Subject: Re: (partial) success with IBM microdrive
To: TAKEMURA Shin <takemura@netbsd.org>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: tech-kern
Date: 08/26/2000 18:26:27
On Sat, Aug 26, 2000 at 01:17:06PM +0900, TAKEMURA Shin wrote:
> I found that IBM micro drive ignores drive select command.
> (Some of SanDisk ATA flash seems to ignore the command too.)
> And some linux kernel have a code like below to resolve the
> problem.
>
> if (primary_drive_name equals 'SanDisk') {
>     do not probe secondary drive;
> }
>
> Well, shall we do that?

If these SanDisk behave this way, we should do it. The easiest way would be,
I think, to add a flag "WDC_CAPABILITY_NOSLAVE" in wdcvar.h, and have the
wdc_pcmcia.c front-end set it when appropriate.
Another way would be to add a field to wdc_softc for the number of
disks to probe, but this would require changing all the front-ends.