Subject: Re: bus_space
To: Frederic GILLIERS <fredg@DotCom.FR>
From: Hubert Feyrer <feyrer@rfhs8012.fh-regensburg.de>
List: tech-kern
Date: 08/07/2000 16:00:44
On Mon, 7 Aug 2000, Frederic GILLIERS wrote:
> I have not found any documentation about the bus_space API.
>
> I read the bus_dma doc, and it says that bus_space is a framework that
> hides machine specific
> operations for CPU acces to devices. (If I understood correctly)
>
> Has anyone more details, or is there any kind of documentation for this
> interface ?

You didn't say which "bus_dma doc" you read, but there are manpages for
both bus_dma and bus_space in section 9 of our manpages. See e.g.
http://www.flame.org/cgi-bin/uncgi/hman?page=bus_space&sect=9&arch=i386
(you may want to have a look at
http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/sharesrc/share/man/man9/bus_space.9
for the most recent changes; the manpages on flame.org are from the 1.4.x
release AFAIK)

 - Hubert

--
NetBSD - because Unix isn't just #include <linux.h>, i386, ILP32, ELF, ...!