Subject: Re: pci_conf_read pci_conf write
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: John Hawkinson <jhawk@MIT.EDU>
List: tech-kern
Date: 08/04/2000 10:07:46
Manuel wrote (quoting Frederic):
| > They are called in nearly all pci drivers, and are defined in each Port
| > that uses a pci Bus.
| >
| > I guess they are related to the PCI bus configuration cycles, but I'm
| > not even sure.
| >
| > If anyone could tell  me what one or both of these functions do, it
| > would be a great help.
|
| Well, they're just used to read or write the registers in the PCI
| configuration space of each device.

Is that the best description we can manage? We should have a section
9 manapge for it (hint: if a user asks and an answer comes over the
mailing list, that's grounds for a manpage if the question was
about a ernel function). I'm a little reluctant to just put the above
text in such a manpage, but it's better than nothing.

--jhawk