Subject: Re: SMC91cxx h/w info and bus space queries
To: Allen Briggs <>
From: SUNAGAWA Keiki <>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/29/2000 23:41:32
Allen Briggs <> wrote:

Allen> Yes.  I know Ken Nakata was working on the wdc at one
Allen> time and I think someone else picked it up, too.  I
Allen> think that the sm will "just work" when I get
Allen> finished with my in-progress changes (mac68k
Allen> bus_space changes, mac68k connection to the mi
Allen> smc91cxx driver, and adding FEAST & MII to that
Allen> driver).

FYI, my in-progress SMC91C driver for NuBus (especially for
Focus card) is available on the place.

While it works for telnet/FTP, it doesn't handle packet
fragmentation properly, so NFS doesn't work well.
Tsutsui-san pointed out that I made some mistakes on
swapping byte-order in the driver.  I don't have much time
to work on this right now...

Allen> I'm off from work for the next week, recovering from
Allen> sinus surgery--I hope to finish this up (and get to a
Allen> few more NetBSD-ish things) before I go back.

Hmm, take care.