Subject: Re: ddb line number support for ELF
To: None <>
From: John Hawkinson <jhawk@MIT.EDU>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/28/2000 09:58:39
In message <>, ITOH Yasufumi write
>In article <>

>Hmm, it seems you have changed the interface to pass ELF symbols....

I haven't changed the interface at all. This has all been speculation,
no commits made.

>My boot loader can't pass symbols to the kernel now, since it doesn't
>use the algorithm....  It excludes shstrtab since it wasn't used.

I'm not sure what you're saying. Do you mean debugging symbols (.stab)
or regular global symbols.

Or are you using a boot loader other than biosboot/libsa?

>I'm not saying that you should revert the changes, but
>will you please document the specification of the interface?
>A spec like "code is the spec" will easily be broken.

I haven't made any changes, so you have me confused...

>Fortunately, the boot loader has not been released,
>and nobody is affected (besides me :).
>I'll fix it before release.

See above ;-)