Subject: Re: MI I^2C drivers
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@sibyte.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/26/2000 13:31:29
[ ... real i2c bus discussion ... ]

I've been looking at doing something Real w.r.t. this, in the last few
days.  (I'm familiar with what's been done by the Geocast folks,
thanks to jeffs, as well as the code in our source tree.)

(BTW, there's actually at least one smbus-ish implementation missed in
the list of implementations Ben posted: the pmax dtop bits, which are
access.bus.)

In a nutshell, you need both real bus and "usable from devices without
a bus abstraction" for the code to be sane.

How about I poke at it for a bit, and post stuff here before too long.
If anybody has any input besides the stuff already mentioned, i'd be
glad to hear about it.  (The facilities that the Geocast folks need
are much more interesting than i'd thought.)

chris