Subject: Re: SMC91cxx h/w info and bus space queries
To: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@ninthwonder.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/26/2000 12:00:30
> All byte-swap operations should be done inside bus_space functions,
> so I believe the latter is proper. mac68k bus_space functions
> should be implemented like amiga or atari to handle both endian.

This case is a little different from the amiga / atari cases because I
don't want to swap for the entire bus--only for specific address ranges
on a bus--only if certain hardware is detected.  I think the only way
to do this is to change bus_space_handle_t to be a structure containing
the address and the access requirements.

> I guess this is requred to support mac68k nubus wdc.
> (MI wdc also requires "stride" (sparse space access) method, though.)

The onboard mac68k wdc, yes.  I'm not aware of a nubus wdc.

-allen