Subject: Re: Adding bootverbose
To: None <thorpej@zembu.com>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@baesystems.com.au>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/24/2000 09:22:39
According to Jason R Thorpe:

>Locators are difficult to store when you consider cloned devices.  The
>locator is "-1" :-).

Yes, sorta knew about that from my previous investigations :-)

>I suppose the device structure could be changed to get an
>"int *dv_loc" that is allocated when the device is attached
>and filled in by the parent once the child has finished attaching
>(that's the only way to fill in the correct locators).

Funny you should say that, this was exactly what I was thinking during
my walk from the train to work.  The only proviso I would have is to
make the number of int's in dv_loc be the same as the number of
entries in locname, this way the tool surfing the structures does not
need to know what locators are relevant to the device - something that
is very device specific.