Subject: Re: bin/7249
To: NetBSD Kernel Technical Discussion List <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/22/2000 13:21:50
[ On Saturday, July 22, 2000 at 04:02:32 (+1000), Robert Elz wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: bin/7249
>
> There's nothing even slightly "not portable" about .so

Oh, of course!  I must have been so hung up on the problems of .so for
preprocessors that I've trained myself to ignore its presence in troff!

> But soelim was really built to assist spell if I remember correctly - without
> it, the included files never got spell checked.

Now there's an interesting piece of trivia.  Soelim sure has been abused
for other uses since -- I've seen it used in lots of places where troff
and freinds were nowhere to be found!

--
							Greg A. Woods