Subject: Re: creatig a kernel that boots on a Memory File System
To: Frederic GILLIERS <fredg@DotCom.FR>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/21/2000 22:59:58
On Fri, Jul 21, 2000 at 07:08:36PM +0200, Frederic GILLIERS wrote:
> I need to build a kernel that boots on a memory File System. The machine
> should be a mips based system, and Well, I have absolutely no Idea of
> how to do that.
> I've been through  a few Mailing list, looked in the kernel
> documentation on the NetBSD internet site, and I have not found anything
> about how to do that.

Some install kernels are built this way (the i386 install kernek for example).
Look at sys/arch/i386/conf/INSTALL and distrib/i386/floppies/
especially for things using md and mdsetimage (and man pages for these too).
vnd-related stuff are used to build the ramdisk image (and also the floppy
images).

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>