Subject: Re: IrDA
To: Lennart Augustsson <>
From: Hubert Feyrer <>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/21/2000 00:40:41
On Thu, 20 Jul 2000, Lennart Augustsson wrote:
> One way to handle serial ports is to do it all in user-land code, an alternative
> is to use a different line discipline for IrDA and access it through /dev/irdaNN.
> Either way, the problems above is present.

Will there still be a /dev-node then that I can hand to
pppd/kpppd/kermit/whatever to do the modem control etc., or
will interfacing with a different method be required?
It would be nice if there was some /dev/itty* that would behave like
"normal" ttys, much like ucom...

 - Hubert

NetBSD - because Unix isn't just #include <linux.h>, i386, ILP32, ELF, ...!