Subject: Re: IrDA
To: None <thorpej@zembu.com, tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Lennart Augustsson <lennart@augustsson.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/20/2000 23:45:31
Jason R Thorpe wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 20, 2000 at 09:19:57PM +0200, Lennart Augustsson wrote:
>
>  > Comments?  Thoughts?
>
> Rad!  :-)
>
> What about IP over IrDA?  How does your mechanism handle something like
> that?

Well, AFAIK there's no standard for how that should be done.  There's IrLAN
that I don't who's actually using.
For point-to-point, which is the most likely situation, I would use IP over PPP
over IrComm.  That's what we used for connecting to the internet via cell phones.

>  > If people think this looks reasonable I can probably commit some drivers
>  > soon.  And we can turn the user-land programs into a package.
>
> Why not put the tools into the source tree?

Sure, if people prefer that.

--

        -- Lennart