Subject: Re: STAILQ
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Paul A Vixie <vixie@mibh.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/18/2000 22:42:04
>     Jason> In NetBSD, these are called SIMPLEQ.
>
> it also uses STAILQ a lot, is it better to special case every call based
> on __NetBSD__ and __FreeBSD__, or to hack a rename of the STAILQ to
> SIMPLEQ for those files, or provide the STAILQ interface names as
> another way to use our SIMPLEQ structure?

in places where different bsd's have different api's in name only, or in
minor things like parameter order or structure name, they should converge.

BSD 4.4 had something called a System Interface.  perhaps Kirk could be
convinced to publish an updated version of it that both freebsd and netbsd
could conform to, whenever some API difference is a matter of style rather
than vision/scope?