Subject: Re: bin/7249
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Mike Pelley <mike@pelley.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/18/2000 10:57:13
You guys sure showed him.  He'll think twice before his next post.

People who suggest that Mike implied X in his original post appear not to have read the original message, part of which is quoted below.

> I propose junking man pages as we know them, keeping all documentation
> in html, and making the man command essentially a stripped-down lynx (or
> other specialized text-based browser).

It seems quite clear to me.

I prefer man pages to html myself, but I think exploring the options is worthwhile.  The abuse, however, seems unnecessary and counterproductive.

Mike.